Art Directors at Crew are driven by the craft and seek innovative visual expressions. They understand that people’s time is limited, that platform constraints are always a concern and they build out their concepts accordingly. Our Art Directors design content for a wide variety of users, while collaborating daily with copywriters and strategists.
They understand and anticipate the needs and concerns of their team members so they can come up with fresh concepts and designs that rise above those challenges. Our Art Directors understand that executing great ideas is just as important to this job as developing a concept in the first place. They are confident in their abilities and believe in the content they produce. They are students of great advertising and have an encyclopedic mind they can draw references from.
- Professional knowledge of graphic art or related field required – normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in graphic design/visual communications, advertising or interactive media
- Experience ideating on 360-degree advertising campaign ideas, seeing them through from the concepting stage all the way through post-production (Video, digital, print, OOH, social, experiential, etc.) With an emphasis on digital and digital forward thinking.
- 1-5 years of experience with a diverse portfolio of advertising campaigns – background in an agency environment or in-house marketing department preferred
- Experience presenting and the ability to effectively communicate ideas to an audience
- Expert knowledge of software packages including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Working knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Strong presentation and communication skills in order to effectively manage workflow within and across teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced and creative environment.
- Positive attitude, genuine team player, self-starter and go-getter attitude
- Food and beverage experience a plus
- Enjoy collaborating and working remotely
Are we the Crew for you? If you’re looking for a nimble, agile, and results-oriented culture in a growth-oriented environment, then we think you’ll like it here at Crew. We’re fast-paced and bureaucracy-free. What sets us further apart is our support for every team member to take responsibility for their client’s success, push their boundaries, discover new solutions and forge their own career path. And of course, we offer competitive compensation and total rewards befitting the opportunity and your contribution.
Send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com.
Please include in the subject line “Your Name // Art Director (Contract)”