Purpose and Position Summary
The Senior Designer will deliver strong conceptual ideation and design for all projects and in so doing will advance the strategic direction of Crew as a top-tier creative firm. The Intermediate-Senior Designer will design and produce personally assigned client projects that include but may not be limited to brand strategies, brand identities, product packaging and collateral sales materials. As an integral member of the Creative team, the designer will work collaboratively with fellow Designers, ACDs, the CCO, the Creative Resource Director, and the Marketing Team
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Delivers high quality design and production support within the design team structure.
- From receipt of the creative brief and direction from the ACD or CCO, designs graphic applications such as product packaging, business collateral, environmental graphics and signage, books and magazines, online marketing and corporate identity, ensuring alignment from concept to completion with the client’s branding and marketing strategy.
- Able to work independently, leading and executing projects from brief to final delivery.
- Communicates with clients and Marketing Team as necessary to generate ideas and context to design work.
- Displays advanced use of typographic principles.
- Shows continuous growth and improvement in design capabilities, required technical skill set and character traits.
Project and Process Management
- Maintains high levels of proficiency in the use of the file saving and folder structures, document archiving, and use of the font system
- Effectively manages personal productivity and time management to deliver projects on time and within budget, documenting time in Workamajig accurately and in accordance with Crew protocol.
- Communicates proactively with Creative Resource Director to avoid foreseeable timing conflicts to help ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Collaborates with the Production Designer who produces final art and or variations on approved design concepts.
- Produces final production files for packaging, various print mediums, online use and environmental graphics when required.
- Reports to: Associate Creative Director
- Key internal interactions: Chief Creative Officer, ACDs, Designers, Production Designer, Creative Resource Director, Marketing team and Shared Services Specialists
- Key external interactions: clients, prospective clients
- Feedback / Coaching:
- Bi-weekly 30 min 1-1 with ACD/CCO to review quality and processes
- Monthly review on UR/Efficiency/quality of work
- Annual and Mid-Year Personal Development Plan Review
- Overall efficiency rate of 100% or less combined with UR rate of 80%
- Meets or exceeds Client and Marketing Satisfaction level of at least 4/5.
- Consistent delivery of high quality work
- Accurate recording of time in Workamajig
- Billable / Non-Billable: 80% Billable, 20% Non-Billable
Successful performance of the role will require:
- Diploma in Graphic Design from an industry recognized school, plus five or more years of relevant studio experience as a Graphic Designer
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstration of strong conceptual ideation and design skills
- Experience in Print Communication, Web Design, Online Ads, video and Educational Displays a plus.
- Capable of presenting ideas to various levels within the organization
- Keen attention to detail within written communication and documents
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Basic knowledge of the printing process
- Basic knowledge of Brand/Marketing/Promotional strategy and process
- Knows when to bring in appropriate Crew members to move projects forward
- Outstanding service orientation – internally and externally
- Awareness of industry trends, new innovations
- Bias for action and takes the initiative to meet targets
So, are we the Crew for you? If you’re looking for a nimble, agile, and results-oriented culture in a growth-oriented environment, then we think you’ll like it here at Crew. We’re fast-paced and bureaucracy free. What sets us further apart is our support for every team member to take responsibility for their client’s success, push their boundaries, discover new solutions and forge their own career path.
And of course, we offer competitive compensation and total rewards befitting the opportunity and your contribution.
To apply, send your resume & portfolio to email@example.com.
Please include in the subject line “Your Name // Designer (Intermediate-Senior)”