Web Developer (Remote)
Are you ready and looking to take on a lead web development role? Does your old job keep promising you this position, but the change just isn’t coming? We want you and we are ready to give you that opportunity!
WordPress is the heart of our offerings, and it is going through an exciting period. You will play a critical role helping guide the team through this transition by developing new systems and processes, ensuring that we continue to deliver rockstar websites for some of the best food & beverage brands in Canada.
We want a kick-a$$ individual who is passionate about bringing websites to life, tackling complex features, and making it hot! Someone who is a great team player and a strong problem solver. An individual who knows that good enough is never good enough.
We consider ourselves a laid-back bunch, but driven to get the job done, support each other and do well for our clients. You can be young or a savvy veteran. You can have raw talent or have a full education.
If you want to work with an experienced group of people, have numerous benefits and a terrific corporate culture—you found your new home!
A successful candidate will:
- Work as part of a project team to estimate, plan, develop and launch WordPress websites.
- Work independently on multiple smaller projects, with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Collaborate with web designers to plan functionality with a keen eye for budget impact.
- Translate Figma designs into responsive websites with exceptional usability.
- Act as both a peer and mentor with our external developers.
- Find and fix problems in undocumented code that is not yours.
- Create and iterate on development systems and processes.
- Build and customize Shopify website using Liquid templating.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 3-5 years experience building custom WordPress websites and plugins using HTML5, CSS, PHP, JS, jQuery, etc)
- Demonstrated experience working with ACF and Gutenberg.
- Strong focus on responsive coding and polished user experiences.
- Good understanding of how to work with various third-party API’s.
- Good understanding of how to work with modern web design tools like Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- Familiarity with common development tools and systems; SASS, GIT, compiling, repositories, deployment, etc.
- Ability to double-check your work and be accountable.
- A willingness to share knowledge and actively collaborate with a fully remote team.
Other skills that are preferred, but not required:
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with WCAG
- Experience working with Shopify themes
- Headless CMS
So, are we the Crew for you? If you’re looking for a nimble, agile, and results-oriented culture in a growth-oriented environment, then we think you’ll like it here at Crew. We’re fast-paced and bureaucracy free. What sets us further apart is our support for every team member to take responsibility for their client’s success, push their boundaries, discover new solutions and forge their own career path.
And of course, we offer competitive compensation and total rewards befitting the opportunity and your contribution. Oh, and we are fully remote nationwide.
To apply, send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com.
Please include in the subject line “Your Name // Web Developer”